Three Parties, Four Days … you could do this!
Three parties in four days can be effortless … in fact, entertaining friends “back to back” has several built-in economies.
- Same flowers with a bit of touch-up.
- Repeats in our place settings with placemats, dinnerware, glassware, flatware made setting the table each time super easy.
- Repeats in our menus enabled me to shop, prep, and prepare in advance for all.
- Items that were being used for the next dinner were washed and left on the table or kitchen counter. This kept me from having to put up and pull out again.
- Stocked the bar kept it set up.
- Pimento Cheese for Pimento Cheese Bites – made enough Pimento Cheese for both.
- Asparagus and Peas – prepped for both dinners.
- Rice Blend and Rice Salad — prepared enough rice for both dinners.
- Salsa Verde — prepared enough for both dinners
- Whipped Cream made enough for Turtle Pie and Fruit
- Prepped several ingredients used in multiple recipes such as red onion, shallots, and lemon juice.
A few more tips …
- Pimento Cheese — double the recipe and use a food processor. Store in half-pint containers to share with friends. You can also freeze.
- Sausage and Egg Casserole — double the sausage mix and freeze for the next time.
- Sheet Pan Salmon — double or even triple the rub. Keep in your cabinet for the next time For my dinner I made this recipe without roasting the asparagus since I wanted to serve the Asparagus and Peas.
- Salsa Verde and Tarragon Sauce — make extra, keeps well in the frig. We use the Salsa Verde on everything!
- Whipped Cream takes approximately 2 min to make in a food processor, and it’s far more stable in the frig. No need to make whipped cream right before serving!
Finally, the thing I hear from so many of you is the time it takes to fluff your home … straightening up, clearing the clutter, etc. One and done for all three gatherings!
Do you want gathering your friends to be as easy for you as it is for me? Join me for the next workshop starting on April 18th. Let’s get ready for spring and summer entertaining! Register here!
From our home to yours,
Follow EE on
Instagram and Facebook
Enjoy these easy prep and prepare menus!
SHEET PAN SALMON MENU
- Feta with Olives, new
- Cannelini Bean Dip, Il Centro
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Tarragon Sauce, Blog
- Salsa Verde, page 153 + Blog
- Asparagus and Peas with Basil
- Rice Blend, page 131
- Turtle Pie with Whipped Cream, Southern Baked Pie
SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE MENU
- Bloody Mary’s and Screwdrivers
- Pimento Cheese Bites, new
- Cheddar Pecan Wafers. Ladyfingers
- Sausage and Egg Casserole,
- Stone Ground Grits,
make with ½ cream, ½ water
- Mixed Fruit, add lime juice
- Mary B’s Biscuits
BEEF TENDERLOIN MENU
- Crabmeat on Endive, page 145
- Pimento Cheese Bites, new
- Beef Tenderloin, Blog
- Asparagus and Peas, Blog
- Mary Beaver’s Girard Caesar Salad
- DeeDee’s Rice Salad, page 147
- Sour Cream Muffins,
page 226 + Blog
- Fruit with Chocolate Sauce and Whipped Cream, page 291
Feta with Olives served in Oven to Table Pampa Bay
Pimento Cheese Bites
Join us for the next