Easter is right around the corner! As we anticipate this holy time of celebration, our attention also turns to the table where family and friends gather. I want to share a menu that we published in our very first EE newsletter featuring a dinner beautifully prepared by good friend, Cornelia Hoover. Cornelia and Rod are gracious hosts, who always make their guests feel special and do so in such a relaxed and comfortable way.
Her menu is incredibly elegant and yet, so easy to prepare. Your guests will be wowed and you will be relaxed. When we enjoyed this dinner, I woke up the next day longing for lamb leftovers!
A few more touches that make dinner at the Hoovers so special …
- Lovely and yet, simple flowers on the table, the powder room, kitchen, and living room … typically anywhere she knows her guests will be.
- A candle in the powder room and sometimes in the living room.
- Red and white wines with the white iced in a beautiful wine bucket along with a full bar … something for everyone.
- Cocktails are enjoyed in the living room or on their terrace.
- A small group … usually six or eight, no more than ten … perfect for great conversation.
Don’t we all want to gather friends easily and graciously? Join me for the next workshop starting on Monday. Let’s get ready for spring and summer entertaining! Register here!
From our home to yours,
Follow EE on
Instagram and Facebook
RACK OF LAMB MENU
Enjoy this easy prep and prepare menu!
- Fred’s Fiesta Shrimp
- Charcuterie and Cheese Board
- Rack of Lamb
- Roasted New Potatoes
- Asparagus & Peas with Basil
- Sister Schubert’s Dinner Yeast Rolls
- Mixed Berries with Chocolate Sauce and Whipped Cream
Printer-Friendly Menu, GamePlan, & Recipes
- Prepare sauce for shrimp
- Prep and marinate shrimp
Early in the day . . .
- Prep cheese board
- Prepare crumb coating for
Rack of Lamb
- Prep potatoes
- Prep asparagus and shallots;
- Rinse berries, dry on paper towels,
mix, and refrigerate
- Prepare Whipped Cream
- Remove shrimp from marinade, skewer,
and bring to room temperature
- Grill shrimp 5:45
- Prepare cheese board
- Sauté shallots, turn off heat
- Get dressed – enjoy dressing drink!
- Roast potatoes, 450° for 45 min to 1 hr
- Roast lamb, 450° for 10 min, add crumb coating
and roast another 15 min, rest covered for 15 min
- Sauté asparagus and peas with shallots,
med heat for 8 min
8:00 – 8:15
- Bake Sister Schubert’s Rolls, 350° for 5–10 min
8:15 – 8:30
Become a Member of the Effortless Entertaining Community